Friday, November 27, 2009

not careful enough

Here is what Crazy Aunt Purl does in LA (the same she says as when she travels, I guess at home she leaves the passport in a safety deposit box armed by security guards and retina scanners):

"I carry a purse and keep my hand on it. I travel with a little wallet in an inner zippered pocket and in the wallet I just have my two travel credit cards, a little walking around cash for the day, my list of important numbers and contacts and a photocopy of my passport."

is LA so different than SF? i practically leave my wallet out on the street with a little note saying "Here is my wallet. I guess if you really need it that bad you can have the money. Oh and the house keys are in the purse"

She seems to think she's not as conscientious as some travelers who do all that secret pouch type of thing. And of course when traveling she carefully assesses where she goes. Ha, reminds me of that cartoon I just saw... where was that...oh in the book I'm reading. A guy is sitting at a travel agent's desk (remember those?) and the travel agent, looking at his computer, says, "So, how are you with your fists?"

No comments:

Post a Comment